"Unable to change your network provider password".
When I try to change the password on a Windows Server 2003 file server from a Windows 7 computer using the cntl-alt-del "Change a network password" option and enter our server name\ my user name I get a message "Unable to change your network provider password". It works if I do this from a Windows XP computer. Our server is set up server as a simple file server, like any other computer in our work group. Any suggestions appreciated
September 30th, 2011 4:50pm

1. Look into the firewall log or try the change of password while firewall on W 7 is off. 2. Does the W 7 resolve the server_name (Ping to server-name)? If not, you need to cover this by allow for netbios name resolution. 3. Are there any traces in server Event logs. 4. More tedious but exact solution: Catch the communication between W XP and server and compare it with that of between W 7 and server. Regards Milos
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 1st, 2011 6:56am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. Is this a domain environment ? Actually I don’t quite understand the part about remotely change the password for an account on remote computer . How did we connect to remote server host form client computer ? via RDP or MMC ? Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 6th, 2011 1:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics